Caprese Pasta Salad
All the best things about caprese but less fancy, kid-friendly, and in the form of a pasta salad.
- 16 oz pasta of your choice like macaroni
- 8 oz pesto store-bought or homemade
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half the long way
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese fresh "pearls" or cubes
- 2 handfuls fresh basil chopped (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- balsamic vinegar to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions. Add to a large bowl and set aside.
Cut up mozzarella (if needed) and tomatoes. Add to the bowl.
Prepare your pesto (if making from scratch) and/or mix it in the bowl with other ingredients.
Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle in balsamic vinegar (to taste).
Serve (slightly warm or cold) and top with basil (optional). There will be lots of leftovers if following portions above! Enjoy!