Spring and summer is pasta salad season, in my eyes, so I’m going to go ahead and keep the pasta salad dishes comin’! I gave a little teaser of this Tuna + Pickle Pasta Salad recipe in my VIP group this week, and the interest was obvious immediately; therefore, it only made sense for me to get this recipe up on the blog ASAP this week…so HERE IT IS!
I don’t care if you’re a fan of tuna or not, you need to give this salad a shot! The tuna doesn’t overpower by any means. In fact, I think its purpose is mainly for texture and protein. The highlight in here is the DILL! There’s lots of dill–in herb form–but also in actual PICKLES! The pickles are probably my favorite part of this. That tangy crunch is crucial. Paired with the light mayo and lemon “sauce/dressing” plus the red onion and some sweet little peas, you get alllll the textures and alllllll the tastes you could want, in each and every bite: It’s creamy; it’s tangy; it’s sweet; it’s sour; it’s crunchy; it’s filling. I love it. Kids love it. ALL AROUND: LOVE IT! OK now less talk, more FOOD. Here’s the deets on this dilly dish…
Tuna + Pickle Pasta Salad
- 1 lb mini bowtie pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup red onion diced or minced
- 3/4 cup dill pickles diced or minced
- 10 oz tuna drained (or sub shredded chicken)
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 cup mayo (I prefer Vegan Mayo from Thrive Market)
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- salt & pepper to taste
- Dice or mince the red onion and pickles. I like to throw them in my Ninja chopper to save time.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water, and cook pasta until al dente.
- Right before the pasta is done cooking, stir in the frozen peas and cook for just 30 seconds or so.
- Drain pasta and peas. Rinse with cold water if you prefer cold pasta salad, or just set aside if you want it warm. You can serve it either way! I like it lukewarm, personally.
- Add cooked pasta and peas to a large bowl and stir in remaining ingredients (pickles, onion, mayo, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper) until the pasta is perfectly coated.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge until ready to serve. ENJOY warm or cold!